Thursday, July 07, 2005

 

Recreational activities in the U.S. and Korea

Now, I have been living here for 4 moths, so I have been impressed by difference (plural)between the U.S. and Korea; especially, recreational activities. Now I’ll tell you three differences.

I made American friends in here, so we sometimes hung out in the bar. I love hanging out to drink because I’m a Korean, and they(reference not clear) love, too. However, my American friends don’t want to drink until dawn. I’m used to drinking a lot because most Korean people enjoy drinking until dawn, so a lot of bars, karaokes and restaurants open until dawn, so that’s my first impression about Americans.
In May, I visited Loren’s lake house who is my American friend Ryan’s girlfriend. There is really calm and peaceful, but I was surprised by lots of jet skis and boats. In Korea, only the rich, like a CEO, own a jet ski or a boat, but her parents are doctors. Furthermore, there are a lot of mountains, but a little lake in Korea, so many Korean people enjoy skiing, snow boarding and climbing; however, There are lots of lakes in America, so most Americans enjoy water sports such as yachting, jet skiing and wakeboarding. I really envy about this because I like playing in the water.
Finally, last week I went to ^shooting range. It’s really awesome. In the U.S. having a gun is legal, so a lot of Americans go to the shooting range or hunting. However, it’s illegal in Korea, so it’s my special experience for my life.

However, both Americans and Koreans like watching movies in the free time, and I think both Americans and Koreans want to enjoy their life, so they spend lots of money to improve their life.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?