Friday, June 10, 2005

 

How to Enjoy SCUBA Diving

I have loved the sea since I was young, and I dreamed of underwater cities like Atlantis. This city was covered a glass dome; therefore, everybody could see the whole seascape. There were a lot of coral and fish. Schools of fish swam between the coral reef. After I entered the university, I joined CUDA (Chungnam National University Diving Association) in 2001 and my diving life began. SCUBA means self-contained underwater breathing apparatus and the main equipment are mask, snorkel, BCD, fin, wetsuit, regulator, weight belt and air tank. Now I will tell you how you can dive. Diving is a really dangerous sport without practice. An unexpected situation might occur when you dive, so before going to the sea, you must practice a lot to overcome the difficulty. In my case, I usually practice in the diving pool, 17 feet deep, near my university once a month. Now that you’ve finished your practice, let’s go to the sea. First, you must choose a beautiful place before going to the sea. Generally, the islands near the equator are amazing. There is place like my dream, so if I were you, I would go to Guam in the Pacific. After arriving, you should get enough rest because you will expend a lot of energy during diving. Then, maybe the next day, you can begin diving. Before diving, you should check your body and equipment, and listen to your guide to find out when to sink, go, and float. You have to dive with a native guide because he/she knows the local situation and what place is good. After you sink, just enjoy your diving but be careful about sudden rising. This is really dangerous when you dive. There are two reasons why you avoid sudden rising. The first reason is in 10M underwater, the pressure becomes two times greater than at the surface. It means you breathe in two times more air while underwater; however, your lung is same size. Therefore, if you go up suddenly, the pressure decreases, which causes the air in your lungs to get bigger, and your lungs will explode. The other reason you should avoid sudden rising is nitrogen. Nitrogen comprises 70% of the air, so it is dissolved in your blood. When you go up suddenly, the nitrogen fills up your blood vessels because of the pressure change. Don’t be afraid about this. This rarely occurs if you practice hard. After you dive, you should rest for 2 to 3 hours to return to your normal nitrogen rate, and you should not go on an airplane for a half day for same reason.
SCUBA diving is a wonderful sport. You can experience another world by SCUBA diving. You can swim with tropical, colorful fish and sea turtles. Then, you will feel like a fish yourself! I hope you can enjoy your diving by this article.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?