Wednesday, May 25, 2005

 

Talking about my grandmother

To talk about sex in our societies is an impossible task; this topic reflects the ignorance in some of our countries. I remember a story that my grand mother( this is one word) told me some years ago. When she was a young woman, she had never heard the word ‘sex’. When she had her first and only boyfriend in her life, her parents did not know anything about her relationship because they believed that to have a boyfriend was not good for the family and their daughter .In addition, Colombia around 1930 was a very conservative and religious country. For example, it was impossible talk about sex and some kind of relations because this was considered like a big offence to God. In other words, every thing( this can be one word) in relation to sex was a sin. Before grandmother married, she did not know anything about the relations(comma) and grandfather did not either. In addition, my grand mother told me that this situation was terrible when they were together for the first night. After that, they discovered many things about their sexuality as a couple, and she had twelve children. Lastly, I believed that this funny story from my grandmother is a good example which reflects about the big secret that is sex in some societies. (Good work.)

Second Draft

To talk about sex in our societies is an impossible task; this topic reflects the ignorance in some of our countries. I remember a story that my grandmother told me some years ago. When she was a young woman, she had never heard the word ‘sex’. (" sex")When she had her first and only boyfriend in her life, her parents did not know anything about her relationship because they believed that to have a boyfriend was not good for the family and their daughter .In addition, Colombia around 1930 was a very conservative and religious country. For example, it was impossible talk about sex and some kind of relations because this was considered like a big offense to God. In other words, everything in relation to sex was a sin. Before grandmother married, she did not know anything about the relations, and grandfather did not either. In addition, my grand mother told me that this situation was terrible when they were together for the first night. After that, they discovered many things about their sexuality as a couple, and she had twelve children. Lastly,( In this narative, it isn't necessary to use a transition word like this. You can just omit.) I believed(You can use the present tense here because it is a feeling that continues into the present time.) that this funny story from my grandmother is a good example which reflects the big secret that is sex in some societies.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?